1. Lake Como: Lake Como is a beautiful and serene destination for a wedding. With its sparkling blue waters and mountainous backdrop, it's the perfect place for a lakeside ceremony. Couples can exchange vows at a historic villa or on a private boat cruising the lake. Como has some of the most stunning venues I have personally ever seen- don't miss taking a look at places like Villa Balbiano
2. Sardinia: Sardinia is renowned for its natural beauty, with stunning coastlines, crystal-clear waters, and rugged mountain landscapes. You can exchange your vows on a secluded beach, a cliffside overlook, or a mountain meadow, all with the breathtaking backdrop of the island. Plus, it's a "blue zone", as in people live longer than normal, healthier lives here. So perhaps you can learn a thing or two about living long lives together!
3. Cortina: Cortina d'Ampezzo is located in the heart of the Italian Dolomites, offering stunning views of snow-capped peaks, pristine forests, and sparkling streams. If you were hoping to elope surrounded by mighty peaks, this is the place for you! The hikes are endless and views breathtaking. It's also known for its world-class skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports activities, so don't hesitate to elope in the winter. From hitting the slopes to snowshoeing, it's a place full of activities to make your elopement day more adventurous.
4. Puglia: Puglia is home to many charming and historic towns with beautiful architecture, such as Lecce, Ostuni, and Alberobello, which is famous for its trulli houses. It has some of the most beautiful beaches in Italy, with crystal-clear waters, white sand, and stunning cliffs. You can exchange your vows on a secluded beach, enjoying the peaceful and romantic atmosphere of the coast.
5. Umbria: Umbria is a region of rolling hills, vineyards, and olive groves, with stunning landscapes that offer a romantic and peaceful atmosphere. It has many unique and stylish accommodations and venues, such as castles, villas, and farmhouses, all offering a romantic and authentic atmosphere. Wherever you choose to exchange vows, they will all providing a unique and memorable experience.
6. Merano: Merano is a charming city located in the heart of the Italian Alps, offering stunning views of snow-capped peaks, lush forests, and sparkling streams. You can choose to exchange your vows in a picturesque mountain setting, a romantic garden, or a historic castle, all with breathtaking views. It is known for its spa and wellness facilities, offering a wide range of treatments and therapies for relaxation and rejuvenation. You can choose to indulge in a couples massage or a thermal bath, or simply enjoy the peaceful and tranquil atmosphere.
7. Cinque Terre: Cinque Terre is renowned for its breathtaking coastal scenery, with rugged cliffs, crystal-clear waters, and charming colourful villages built into the hillsides. With similar vibes to the Amalfi coast, the colours of the houses are what really differentiates the two. Eloping in Cinque Terre can be a unique and intimate experience, because if you know where to go, the region is not as crowded with tourists as some other popular Italian destinations. You can enjoy the charming and peaceful atmosphere of the villages, exploring the narrow streets, and discovering hidden corners.
8. Venice: Venice is one of the most romantic cities in the world, making it a popular destination for weddings. Couples can exchange vows in a historic palace and enjoy sunset photos in a gondola floating down the Grand Canal. With its stunning architecture and unique culture, Venice is sure to make any wedding unforgettable.
9. Montepulciano: Montepulciano is in Tuscany and is known for its beautiful countryside, stunning vineyards, and charming hilltop towns. With its warm climate and gorgeous scenery, it's no wonder that it is a popular choice for destination weddings. Couples can choose to have their ceremony at a historic villa or in the middle of a picturesque vineyard.
10. Positano: Positano, on the Amalfi Coast, is famous for its dramatic cliffs, colourful houses, and crystal-clear waters. With its stunning scenery and romantic atmosphere, it's the perfect place for a seaside wedding. Couples can exchange vows on a clifftop terrace overlooking the sea or on a private beach.
Runner up: Rome! The only reason it didn't make my top ten is because it's too crowded with people. Otherwise, it's also a great option.
Italy offers a wide variety of stunning locations for a destination wedding. Whether you choose to tie the knot in Tuscany, the Amalfi Coast, Venice, Lake Como, or the Dolomites, your wedding is sure to be an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
Thank you! We will be in touch with you shortly!
Thanks for the message, I will get back to you ASAP!
Send me an email or fill out the form below!
Are you interested in going on a well-documented adventure with me? Then fill out the form with any questions you have or send me an email. I do my best to reply within 48 hours, although I could be out shooting a session or hiking in the mountains with no reception, so I do apologize for potential delays in my response. The best way to get in contact is definitely here or via direct email!